Sunday, September 13, 2015

Day 29 - 12th September: The journey...

#ibmcsc China 30

The journey back to home was a bit tiring with 3 flights for a total flying time of just 8 hours. Since my previous flights got cancelled, the new itinerary made me travel from Xi'an to Guangzhao then to Bangkok and Bangalore. I even had to take a Visa on Arrival at Bangkok as I had two different tickets and needed to clear immigration before checking-in for the next flight to Bangalore. But, it also meant I did not have to spend too much time waiting for the flights. Most of the layover time was spent completing these formalities.

Now it all feels surreal and unreal. I was in China yesterday with a group of amazing people and then I am at home with the normal day to day work. Though it feels nice to come back home and be with the family, there are so many memories of the last month that keep taking me back to Xi'an. I guess it will take a few more days for me to get used to my regular life.

I have tried to keep this blog updated throughout the assignment and I don't remember having missed any day without a post. However, I will not be so regular now since this blog was all about my CSC experience. We will definitely have more interactions as part of our post-assignment work and I will write about those as and when I have an update.

Back to the daily grind now...

No comments:

Post a Comment