Friday, September 11, 2015

Day 27 - 10th September: Sharing our experiences...

#ibmcsc China 30

Yesterday was a very busy day with a lot of things to close before we leave for home. We had our internal wrap-up meeting with Jasmine (IBM China Citizenship Manager) where we all shared our experiences of the last 30 days. It was interesting to listen to each other and to know how we felt about this program, our project and China, in general.

As I wrote a few times earlier, the most amazing thing for me was how a bunch of people from different countries, with different culture, having different skills met each other for the first time in another country with a completely unknown language and then worked together on a project in an
Internal wrap-up meeting...Sharing our experiences...
entirely new industry with such a short timeline (16 working days) and were able to deliver a very meaningful output. I liked how James (from UK) put it; if it was a traditional project and the Project Manager would perform a risk analysis, it will be quite difficult to justify taking up this project :)

But, we did it!

I also worked on a team video for our closing ceremony and everyone liked it. I hope all our clients, their stakeholders and the media also like it when it is played today. It was fun making this video and I will upload it on YouTube soon.

I had some thrill in the last couple of days as my flight from Xi'an to Bangkok got cancelled. The airline offered me flights for the 13th but my Visa expires on the 12th and I need to leave China before that :) So, I am supposed to leave tomorrow and I still don't know when and how! But, I am sure it will get sorted out today.


No comments:

Post a Comment